Graduate Reading Endorsement
The Ashland University Reading Endorsement qualifies you to teach students under the provisions of the Ohio Third Year Guarantee. It consists of 15 semester hours of graduate coursework. You must have completed 12 hours of literacy coursework (undergraduate or graduate), including an approved phonics course, prior to beginning your program.
Benefits of our program:
- Improve your skills to intervene with students who struggle with reading.
- Learn the most effective research-based methods for teaching reading.
- 100 hours of direct practice working with students on the elementary, middle and secondary levels under the supervision of trained professionals.
- Combination of online and in-person classes with personal feedback.
- Assignments that are designed to improve instruction in your own classroom.